As the National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics (NACDA) prepares to host its annual convention, Justin and Matt sit down with NACDA Senior Executive Vice President Pat Manak and Daktronics Convention Coordinator Vickie Johnson to hear all about this year’s event. The conversation also covers the history of NACDA’s conventions, Daktronics’ history with NACDA and much more.
Expectations continue to rise for the streaming of live events. To find out how to get started and elevate your streaming game, Justin and Matt talk with Eric Edens, applications engineer for Daktronics. He covers how live streaming has evolved, the many levels and options for streaming that Daktronics offers, and his personal experiences working with people to live stream their events.
- Big Stream: daktronics.com/bigstream
- Live Book: https://www.daktronics.com/en-us/products/software-and-controllers/show-control/show-control-live/live-book-gfx
- NACDA Webinar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p13T_VA3Tig&t=218s
Offices, entryways and lobbies, boardrooms, and other spaces on corporate campuses are stepping up their audiovisual presentations. To hear about those applications from an AV integrator perspective, Justin and Matt are joined by Paul Kelley, Sales Engineer with DGI Communications. He also talks about a recent project at PTC’s corporate offices as well as their VR tool that helps visualize an installation before it happens.
- DGI Communications Website: https://www.dgicommunications.com/
- PTC Project News Release: https://www.daktronics.com/news/ptc-elevates-corporate-experience-center-with-daktronics-led-video-walls-through-dgi-communications-partnership
Integrating a new Live Book at Charleston Southern University was a game-changer for Director of Athletic Video Communications Nick Case. He joins Justin and Matt to share his experiences with the technology, what it has done for their streaming productions, its features and flexibility, and much more.
- Charleston Southern University Webpage: https://www.charlestonsouthern.edu/athletics/
- Daktronics Live Book Webpage: https://ajtsystems.com/products/livebook-gfx/
When the roadways in Ireland needed digital signage to help direct traffic, keep it flowing and keep it safe, Daktronics was awarded the contract. To hear more about this project, Justin and Matt are joined by Daragh Gilsenan with the International Transportation Team at Daktronics. He shares the company’s history with Transport Infrastructure Ireland (TII) and the current project that’s underway, including the installation of 500 LED displays.
As the Out Of Home landscape progressed through the pandemic, a few things changed. Justin and Matt talked with Joni Schmeichel, Daktronics marketing strategist for OOH advertising, to hear about those changes, trends in the industry and the good things that we’ve seen since then.
- Daktronics OOH Webpage: https://www.daktronics.com/en-us/markets/out-of-home-advertising
As people get back out there and attend live events again, Justin and Matt checked in with Nick Schmeichel, President and Owner of Sideline Productions, to see how things are going with the live events industry when it comes to his display and production rental business. We discuss the recent SnoCross events as well as how events are coming back in 2021.
- Sideline Productions Website: http://www.sidelinemediagrp.com/
- SnoCross Website: https://snocross.com/
Taking care of a video display might not be at the top of your mind when making the initial purchase. To hear a little about maintaining a display, Justin and Matt talked with Gary Smith, Daktronics Project Manager Southeast region and former long-time field service engineer. He explains how he did systems checks, shares helpful tips and talks about interesting experiences he’s had in the field.
- Video Product Maintenance Guide: https://daktronics.widen.net/s/mvmutqv86u/guide_video-product-maintenance-guide
- Extreme weather guide: https://daktronics.widen.net/s/m7dnfrcfcm/flyer_vandalism-and-extreme-weather-service-guide
- 5 top displays surviving the obscure blog post: https://blog.daktronics.com/2017/03/03/top-5-led-displays-surviving-the-obscure/
As technology advances and more video displays are used to communicate, we take a look at how these advancements are affecting today’s high schools. To share their expertise and insight, Justin and Matt are joined by Kyle Sydow, Daktronics High School Market Manager, Lisa Silveira, Daktronics Product Marketing for Digital Signage and On-Premise, and Jody Huntimer, Daktronics High School Strategic Marketing Manager. In this conversation, we cover digital trends at high schools for sports facilities but also other opportunities to communicate via digital signage inside and outside the school.
- Digital Trends Video: https://daktronics.widen.net/s/tzgpkmxwbs/daktronics-school-of-the-future
Event production skills learned in high school can help students at the next level. To hear an example of this, Justin and Matt spoke with Becky Hoch, Media Academy Director at Papillion La Vista High School, and Aidan Cho, former Papillion student and current student at the University of South Dakota. They share details of their video board production and implementation, the manual Aidan created and much more.
- Papillion La Vista High School Project Photo: https://www.daktronics.com/en-us/photos/details?pn=WP-21141&cid=PLSBNE-005
- Daktronics Crew Connect: https://daktronics.widen.net/s/r83b7wthta/cutsheet_crew-connect_hs